I'm a care leaver / supporting a care leaver - does the University provide any additional help?

Swansea University offers a package of support for Care Leavers which aims to support young people who have been in care and wish to come to University. A Care Leaver is a person who has been looked after for at least 13 weeks since the age of 14, and who was in care on their 16th birthday.

The comprehensive package of support includes help with UCAS and student funding applications, help in attending Open Days, a bursary of £1000 for each year you study (undergraduate level only, please see our website for further information on the postgraduate bursary) and a named contact to assist with any queries that arise during your studies.

Full details of the Support Package can be viewed at https://www.swansea.ac.uk/money-campuslife/students-with-additional-considerations/being-a-care-leaver/. Please contact Money@CampusLife to discuss the support we can provide.

Last update:
22-08-2019 14:35
Chloe Aspland
Average rating:0 (0 Votes)

You cannot comment on this entry

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

Records in this category

Most visited RSS

  1. I have not set up a direct debit to ... (11618 views)
  2. I have no funds. Can I get emergency financial ... (8624 views)
  3. How do I apply for my student funding? (8425 views)
  4. Where can I get more information on bursaries and ... (7927 views)
  5. How can I apply to the Swansea University Opportunity ... (7658 views)
  6. I am a Post Graduate student. What funding is ... (7263 views)
  7. My student funding is late. Can you please help ... (6731 views)
  8. I've had an unexpected expense that I can't cover ... (6411 views)
  9. Where can I get help with my Tuition Fees, ... (5956 views)
  10. Who are Money@CampusLife? (5607 views)


Sticky FAQs