What is DSA/Disabled Students Allowances, and what are the benefits?

If you have a disability, long-term health condition, specific learning difficulty (SpLD), or mental health condition you may be eligible for funding from the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA). This allowance is intended to cover any extra costs or expenses that arise while you are studying because of your disability.

Whilst the Wellbeing Service endeavours to provide support during difficult times, this may not be as regular as some students require. DSA can provide some students (with a mental health or ASC condition) consistent support through a specialist mentor. To find out more, visit our DSA webpage.

Last update:
13-10-2021 10:42
Danielle Gummer
Average rating:0 (0 Votes)

You cannot comment on this entry

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

Records in this category

Most visited RSS

  1. How do I arrange exam/academic adjustments? (2248 views)
  2. Who do I speak to in my college about ... (2240 views)
  3. Is my contact with the Wellbeing Service confidential? (2131 views)
  4. What is Specialist One to One Study Skills and ... (1608 views)
  5. How do I report a sexual assault/an incident of ... (1603 views)
  6. How do I access Wellbeing support? (1528 views)
  7. What are Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC)/What is Autism, and ... (1527 views)
  8. What is specialist mentoring and how do I access ... (1511 views)
  9. How do I inform the University of a disability ... (1425 views)
  10. How do I apply for extenuating circumstances? (1414 views)


Sticky FAQs