What is Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA)?

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) are for any extra costs you have on your course because of your disability. They are only available in Higher Education and are divided into four separate categories. You can apply for DSAs for part-time study as long as you do not exceed twice the time period normally required to complete full-time study for the course. Overseas students are not eligible for these allowances. 

It is currently a non means tested allowance.  Any UK student with a long term disability can apply.  There is limited support for Channel Islands, Ireland and the Isle of Man.  International students are not eligible. 

More information can be found here: 


Please contact the Disability Office at: disability@swansea.ac.uk

Last update:
08-09-2020 14:42
Bobby Loosmore
Average rating:0 (0 Votes)

You cannot comment on this entry

Chuck Norris has counted to infinity. Twice.

Records in this category

Most visited RSS

  1. I am new student starting in September and I ... (29365 views)
  2. My Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) equipment is broken/damaged – ... (15581 views)
  3. Where do I apply for Disabled Students Allowance Funding? ... (12917 views)
  4. I have received a letter from my funding body ... (7044 views)
  5. Mae angen i mi siarad â rhywun am fy ... (6376 views)
  6. What is Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA)? (5756 views)
  7. Can I book an assessment straight away or do ... (5114 views)
  8. I think I may be dyslexic what do I ... (4990 views)
  9. How can I apply to work as a Note ... (4982 views)
  10. Can I write my exam in a separate room ... (4734 views)


Sticky FAQs